Monday, October 19th, 2020
We have some exciting new features to tell you about! If you have questions about any of the new features, please feel free to reach out to Support and we will be more than happy to assist you!
- Shiny users will see a new Miscellaneous Change Screen. Stay tuned for more updates to the different screens!
- We have made an enhancement with the Formation Entity Field. In the past, we have automatically inserted the verbiage, and if you wanted to change it, you needed to enter it on the Borrower or Seller Information Screen. To allow for more visibility, once you enter the address for the Borrower or Seller, we will populate the verbiage in the field for you. As an example:
**Please note, this only will show for NEW files or files you refresh the Zip Code in**
Monday, October 5th, 2020
We have some exciting new features to tell you about! If you have questions about any of the new features, please feel free to reach out to Support and we will be more than happy to assist you!
- We will now automatically organize your Branch Product Orders files in a folder named Product Orders, once imported.
- On the Bank Account Register screen, we now will list your last 12 Reconciliation Statement Dates. This way, if the Statement Date was anything other than the last day of the month, you know the exact date of that Statement End Date. If you then click on the date, it will fill in in the Statement Date field so you can then select which reports you want to generate.
- When you Upload Search Results sent to you (in .XML or .PXT format), we now will save the file you uploaded in your Scanned/Saved Documents section. This will allow you to see when they were uploaded and by whom.
- We have finished Phase Two of the PropLogix Integration, which will now allow you to order Estoppels and Tax Certificates, as well as the previously released Lien Searches.
- We have an exciting new Integration to tell you about! CATIC Title Search! The CATIC Title Search integration allows you to order and receive title search products from CATIC directly from the property information screen.
Monday, September 21st, 2020
We have some exciting new features to tell you about! If you have questions about any of the new features, please feel free to reach out to Support and we will be more than happy to assist you!
- We have added two new Businesses to the list of Short Cut names for the HUD Defaults and HUD/CD. These are Plot_Plan and Abstractor. Enter those and we will pull the Plot Plan Engineer or the Abstractor assigned to the file. If you don’t know about this wonderful feature, please reach out to Support and we can help you!
- We have added the CPL Fee for Old Republic TN files to automatically charge $50 when a CPL is generated using the integration when the underwriter is Old Republic and the Property State is in Tennessee.
- We have added two additional Pro-Rations to everyone’s account! These are Rent Collected and Rent Paid.
- Shiny users, you will see an updated Escrow Accounting Screen, which is hopefully easier to read. You can also “hide” the individual disbursements and just see the net of the check. We hope you like the new layout.
Are you wondering what Integrations we have?? Please go to Back Office/E-Closing Connect to see all of the integrations we currently have! We are also working on many others, so please stay tuned to future Releases! Underwriters, FedEx, UPS, IRS 1099 E-File are just a few!
Monday, September 7th, 2020
- We have made an update to hopefully clarify the “Previous Endorsements” section on the Title Policy Screen. The purpose of this section is to show you what endorsements had been selected previously, if you make a change to the Underwriter, Commitment Effective Date and in some cases, the Jacket Type/Category. We display the endorsements you had previously selected so you can know which ones they were and can check them off again. We changed the display message however to this “WARNING: Endorsements have been charged/checked off twice. Please uncheck the Endorsements that do not apply or are duplicated.”
- For all of the Shiny Users, you will see a new card on the File Summary Page called “Integrations”. This is where we show integrations like Notary Loop, Safe Escrow and reQuire (curative).
Thursday, August 27th, 2020
- We have added two new pro-ration types to all accounts; Rent Paid and Rent Collected.
Monday, August 24th, 2020
- We have increased the size of the Tax Notes Field to hold 1,000 characters!
- When you save a document for a Portal User, you will now see a little icon and if you hover over it, you will see which Portal Users you sent the document to within Document Management.
- On the Chain of Title Screen, we have made a change so that if you change the Grantee Name, it will update the Current Owner field on the Property Information screen.
- CPL Fee Updates:
- Added $30 NATIC VA effective 9/1/2020
- We have added a new checkbox on the Payoff Information Screen “Do Not Reduce Total”. The new field will allow you to override the payoff calculation. Simply click the box “Do Not Reduce Total. This will allow the amount in the Total Due field to populate to the CD or HUD.
If the close date changes and that date is past the Calculated thru date, E-Closing will begin to calculate the per diem as of the new close date and will update the New Payoff Total field.
If your company would like this new feature selected for all new files, please go to the Rolodex and select “This Company” in the Business type field. Click on your company name and your company Rolodex screen will populate. Scroll to the middle of the page and you will find the new field “Payoffs – Do Not Reduce Total Due”. If you click the box here in your company Rolodex it will check the box in any new file when a payoff is created. Please note that it will not impact any existing files.
Monday, August 10th 2020
- On the Interest Rate Type drop-down menu on the Financial Information Screen we have added a new Rate type labeled, Adjustable. This will function similarly to Variable.
- Many of you needed a Third Party option for who was holding the Ernst Money Deposit. You will now see Third Party as an option and, similar to This Company, the deposit action should be Brought To Closing.
- We've added the following CPL Fees:
- First American Title Insurance Company - MD - $45 effective 6/27/2020
- Old Republic Title Insurance Company - DC - $50 effective 7/16/2020
- CATIC - RI - $35 effective 9/1/2020
- Document folders – Support has been added for adding/removing company level folders, along with editing/adding file level folders.
- Coming soon! Customizable Notary and Signature Blocks!
- Also, the ability to edit documents in Word and have them automatically save to the file! (Word Online and WebDav Editor) Stay tuned for updates!
Monday, July 13th 2020
- We have an exciting new feature to tell you about! You can now create Folders to organize your Scanned/Saved documents in! You can create them at the Company Level or on an individual file. To create Company Wide folders, simply go to the Rolodex for THIS COMPANY. You will see where you can create new folders. Give it a name (Title Docs) and then select if you want that Folder to appear for all loan purposes or only Purchases! Hit update at the bottom and now, when in a file you will see that folder. To add documents there, simply drag and drop them (While on the Document Management Screen).
- You can also make FILE specific folders, if you have a file that needs a little more organizing then most! Simply go to Document Management within the file and click the + Add Folder button to create a new one. It will then function the same way, where you just drag and drop to add documents to that folder.
- We have made an enhancement to the Boilerplates in Text Description. You can now create them to pull multiple property addresses. When creating a boilerplate now, you will see “Process Type”. It will default to NONE, and will work how they have always worked. If you select “Property”, it will pull one record per property. Please call Support for assistance, if needed!
- You can now easily search your boilerplates to find the one you need! In the blank box above the boilerplates, simply type “tax” or whichever words you are looking for, and it will filter them for you.
- We have expanded the Search Options to allow you to search by Condo Association and Plat Book/Page from your Whiteboard. Simply type the Plat Book number/Page and it will search files with that combination!
- We added a new field last Sprint, called the Mortgage Contingency Date. We have now added that as an option to add to your Whiteboard! Simply go to Back Office/Misc Change/Whiteboard Set up to add the column.
- On your HUD, GFE HUD and CD, if your file has multiple properties, it will list ‘SEE ADDENDUM” in the Property Section at the top. You can then generate and attach the document we added called “Multiple Properties Address Addendum”
Monday, June 8th 2020
- We have added an enhancement to the Bank Reconciliation Screen. If you have a block of Checks or Wires that need to be checked off, and don’t want to click each one individually, we have a fix for that! Simply hold SHIFT, click a checkbox, select another one, and all items in between the two will become checked off!
- We are now displaying the hyphen in the Jacket Number on the Title Policy Screen (and documents) for Old Republic Jacket Numbers.
- You may have noticed that we added a Multiple Properties feature on the Property Information Screen. We need YOUR feedback on how to make it even better! Please let us know if you need the other properties to appear on documents, etc and we will work on improving this great feature!
- An enhancement has been made on the Closing Portal. If you have a Borrower or Seller and they have only one file, we bring them immediately to the “Summary” page of the Portal, as opposed to the “Select File” screen.
- Previously, when generating a UPS label, the image was quite large and didn’t fit in the envelope. We have made it so that it generates smaller, so it will now fit in the shipping envelope.
- Once you have Remitted your Policy to First American, we will no longer continue to check for updates on the Property Information Screen, for their Search Orders integration. You will now see a message that says “ This file is Closed on AgentNet. Log in to AgentNet for more information”.
- We have added a Cellphone Field for the Individual Trustees on the Borrower and Seller Screens.
- Thanks to some feedback, we added on the Manual Checks/Wires screen two new buttons “Check All” and “Uncheck All”. This is handy when you have multiple disbursements to the same payee you need to include in one Wire or one Manual Check.
- We have added the West Virginia Non-Resident Withholding Tax to the HUD/CD, if the Primary Seller isn’t a resident of WV. You will now see a checkbox you can select to indicate they are a Non-Resident, and we will calculate 2.5% of the Seller Proceeds (minus credits) and we also have the form needed as well.
- We have added two more Quick Filters, Files Closing in 20 Days and Files Closing in 30 Days. These work the same as the others, it will filter your Whiteboard to show files closing in 20 or 30 days, and you can also export the list into Excel.
- You can now enter Realtor Broker Commissions by percentage! You will now see two options, PCT and AMT. If you select PCT and enter the percentage amount (no % sign needed!), we will calculate based on the Purchase Price and when you change the purchase price, we will automatically update the Commission amounts! However, if you get a flat amount, you can select AMT and enter the dollar amount. We will not update this amount if the purchase price changes.
- Connecticut has a new second tier “mansion tax” that is added to their State Conveyance Tax. This applies to residential property only. This will go in to effect on July 1, 2020.
Conveyance taxes for residential due to the state will now look as follows;
$800,000.00 or less = .75%
Portion that exceeds $800,000.00 up to $2,500,00.00 = 1.25%
Portion that exceeds $2,500,00.00 = 2.25%
13) We have expanded the fields on the Property Screen for Parcel ID and Subdivision. Parcel ID is now 40 characters and Subdivision is now 70 characters.
14) We have added a Mortgage Contingency Date on the Financial Information Screen.
15) For clients in New Jersey, we have released the Charles Jones Integration, which will allow you to search for Judgements and perform the Patriot Act Search. More products will be coming in the future!
16) We also have released the Skyline Lien Search Integration, which you can access on the Property Information Screen (once you have entered your credentials in E-Closing Connect!)
17) Another exciting integration we have released is the Proplogix Municipal Lien Search integration. Again, simply add your credentials to E-Closing Connect and voila! Head on over to the Property Information Screen and start your search!
Monday, May 11th 2020
- We have added the ability to filter your Whiteboard by some additional Business Types. Previously you had the options of Teams or Processor, but we have added Processor 2, Examiner, Attorney or Other Employee.
- We have added the ability to further customize HUD Defaults, now by County. This way, if you have certain fees in different areas, you can set Defaults for that specific county.
- If you use UPS and have negotiated rates with them, the correct charges will now show when you generate a UPS label.
- We have added the ability to generate Payoff Letters for Borrower Only, Seller Only or both. This way, if you are sending the letters through the Portal, you can easily send them to the proper parties.
- ECDT Only - When you search for files, if there are multiple files with the criteria, we now will also include the Borrower/Seller names to more easily distinguish the files.
- ECDT Only - We have moved Upload File to be under the Documents Section, as this was more intuitive to have it here, then in Maintain File.
- If a Closing Portal User is tied to multiple files, they can now search/filter the files they are looking for by File Number/Close Date/Loan Type/Address. This way, they can just type in the information pertaining to the file they need and it will get filtered out.
- ECDT Only - For Fund Policy Upload, we have removed the ability to upload Jackets, as this was causing issues when sending the Policies through the integration and The Fund doesn’t need the Jacket.
- When creating Borrowers or Sellers as Closing Portal users, many of you were getting push back on acquiring the Borrower’s SSN so we are tying the credentials to the cell phone, as this is still a required field and should be unique.
- On the Void Checks Screen, we have also added the ability to void Wires, instead of having to click on each item in the wire to change it back to a check.
- In Florida, we have added the ePN Integration for document recording (In BETA testing)
- When writing with Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, you can now upload your Policies directly from the Title Policy Screen in E-Closing!
Monday, April 6th 2020
- For FLORIDA files ONLY – Ernst added some additional questions to calculate the Intangible Taxes, based on the Jurisdiction the property is located in. For more information, please see article on our Help Desk here: https://eclosing.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041854651-Florida-Intangible-Tax-Change
- When printing a Shipping Label with UPS and selecting the option to generate a Return Label, the Return Label was still be created with the Original Recipient’s Address, not your Company. This has been resolved so you can now generate a proper return label.
Friday, March 20th 2020
In light of the COVID-19 Virus, we have received several forms that pertain to this pandemic. We have loaded the following documents, you may need to add them to a document package. Please call Support for assistance, if needed (603-48-7951)
Gap Indemnity Agreement
Delayed Recording Indemnity
COVID-19 Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agmt – Financing (also known as Affidavit of Understanding - Refi)
COVID-19 Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agmt – Sale (or Affidavit of Understanding – Sale)
Monday, February 10th 2020
We have a few new features we would like to share with you that were released over the weekend. Below is a summary of the new updates to E-Closing.
Ernst Lookup Enhancement
- We continue to make some improvements to the Ernst Lookup screen. You will notice that we've moved any additional questions that need to be answered underneath the consideration amounts for their respective instruments.
Title Policy Endorsements
- We have added some enhancements to the Title Policy Page, in regards to the Endorsements. This was put in effect so that when you change the Commitment Effective Date, Jacket Type (for some Underwriters) or the Underwriter, you will be notified that the Endorsement List has changed. If you already had some endorsements checked off, making the above changes causes the endorsement list to reload and unchecks previously checked endorsements. We have added two additional alerts to the screen, so you know which endorsements had been checked off and also a confirmation message when you try to update the screen.
Insurance Information Screen
- You can now add an Insurance Agent to your Insurance Companies (Hazard, Mortgage or Flood Insurance). This used to just be a field you would manually type the name, but now you can add them in the Rolodex and have their name in the drop down, so you don’t have to type it each time.
- Here is an exciting new feature! Consolidated Wires! This will be useful for those who need to combine wires from multiple files, like your Simplifile debits! This functions similarly to Consolidated Checks. Within your files, click on the disbursements you wish to include in the Consolidated Wire and change the payment method to Consolidated Check/Wire. Once you are done, you can now go back to your Whiteboard and go to Escrow Accounting/Consolidated Checks. Here you can check off all the items you wish to include in a wire (Please note, within each file, the payee name has to be the same in order for them to be combined together in consolidated Check/Wire) and under the Bank Name, you will see a box that says “Make wire transfer”. This will post the checked items as a wire. Once you post, the screen will refresh, so if you need to post any others, or print a consolidated check you can.
Old Republic Title Production Ordering
- We've completed an integration with Old Republic Title's title production plants so you can order title search products directly from your file in E-Closing. To place a search order you can click on the Old Republic Title Search button on your property information screen. Once the product is ready for delivery you can import the file data and documents directly into your closing file in E-Closing. This service is only available in states where Title Production is available (FL, PA currently, other states to follow)
Fidelity Companies Single Sign On:
- Fidelity, Chicago and Commonwealth have implemented Single Sign On. In order for you to be able to generate Jackets and CPLs through the integration, you will need to make sure that the email address in your Manage Users in E-Closing matches the email address tied to your AgentTrax account. To Enable the integration, go to your Whiteboard to Back Office then to E-Closing Connect. Click on the Icon for Commonwealth, Chicago, Fidelity, Lawyers Title or TICOR and you should see your email address. Please click VALIDATE and once it says Validation is Successful, please scroll to the bottom and click Update Connections. You will now see the Generate Jackets and Generate CPL buttons on your Title Policy Page.
Integrations In Progress:
Our developers have been busy working on numerous integrations and new features. Below is a list of integrations in progress and their anticipated release dates. As we get closer to launch we'll provide training resources, if necessary, and instructions on how to start using these great new features.
- Charles Jones Search Integration - Phase 1 - (In Testing)
- ePN E-Recording Integration - (In Testing)
- Old Republic Policy Upload Integration - (In Testing)
- The Fund ATIDS Integration - (In Testing)
- CATIC Search Order Integration - March 2020
- PropLogix Lien Search Integration - April 2020
- Skyline Lien Search Integration - April 2020
We continue to stress the importance of secure communication through our Closing Portal. If you haven't tried it out we would highly encourage you to do so and to start using the closing portal for all closing related communication. There has been an increase in targeted phishing attacks aimed at consumers, realtors and settlement agents. Secure encrypted communication, like what is provided through the Closing Portal, is an easy way to protect yourself and your clients.
Some added benefits of our Secure Closing Portal:
- Customizable Closing Tracker
- Automated text or email notifications
- Secure document storage
- Secure messaging
Best of all is, this is included in the E-Closing Suite free of charge! If you have any questions about the Closing Portal we have resources available in our help desk and you are always welcomed to call us for support.
Wednesday, January 22nd 2020
We have added some enhancements to the Title Policy Page, in regards to the Endorsements. This was put in effect so that when you change the Commitment Effective Date, Jacket Type (for some Underwriters) or the Underwriter, it can cause the Endorsement List to change. If you already had some checked off, making the above changes causes the endorsement list to reload and unchecking previously checked endorsements. We have added two additional alerts to the screen, so you know what endorsements had been checked off and also a confirmation message when you try to update the screen.
Basically, the way this works is that when you change the Commitment Effective Date, Jacket Type, or Underwriter, it will display your Old Endorsements like this:
Below the list of Endorsements.
Also, when you go to update the screen, whether you have checked the new endorsements off or not, we put a message, asking if you wish to exit the screen. If you select Yes, all previous endorsements will go away, and hopefully you have remembered to check off the new ones. If you say No, it will keep you on the page. You will still get the warning message, but as long as you are satisfied with the endorsements checked off, then you can click Yes.
Please feel free to contact support if you have any questions!
Tuesday, January 14th 2020
We made a system wide security change, where if as User does not have Full or Read-Only Access to Document Management, they will not have access to the Scanned/Saved Documents on the File Summary Page.
Monday, January 6th 2020
- When emailing from the File Summary Page in Shiny, users were experiencing an issue where the attachments that were associated with that file, were sometimes not showing up as being available to attach to the email. This issue has been resolved.
- Shiny Users may have noticed when one of their Portal Users messaged them, they didn’t see the Messages Icon on their Whiteboard. This has been resolved, so now you will see an envelope next to the file you have a message that has not been read.
- The refresh icon on the Shiny Whiteboard now more accurately changes colors, indicating when you should refresh your Whiteboard to see any new changes.
- You will now be able to enter dollar amounts for your Seller’s ownership for 1099 documents! On the Primary Seller Screen, you will see two options: PCT and AMT. Whichever option you choose, will dictate what fields you see for the Co-Sellers. If you choose to enter AMT, you will want to fill in the dollar amount for the other Co-Sellers as well, just like you do for the %. This will transfer over to the Form 1099-s, 1099 Summary and 1099 Submission.
- Some users in Shiny noticed, if they had the column Seller/Borrower, that it didn’t line up like Borrower/Seller. This has been resolved and so the formatting is consistent.
- In the Shiny View, you didn’t see any indication that a document you uploaded through the Drop Files button, had completed. The screen will now automatically refresh when the document has finished uploading, so you can see it in the file.
- We have made some improvements on the Reconciliation Feature, to allow users to use that for Daily Clearing, instead of using the Clear Bank Entries Screen. The benefit to this, is this that you can see your balances on the screen, to know if you are missing any items.
- Some users were experiencing an issue when trying to change the Endorsement Charges for some underwriters. When the user would enter the new price and update the Title Policy Screen, it reverted the amount back to the original amount. This has been resolved. PLEASE NOTE, you still are unable to change % based endorsements, as these are calculated based on the % of the premium and cannot be changed, we will automatically recalculate the amounts.
- If your User Settings are set to allow you to edit File Summary Notes, users in Shiny may have noticed there was no Edit button. Now, if you click on a note, you can click Edit Note, and edit it and save changes. If you need to delete the note, simply remove all information in the Note, and update and it will delete.
- If you enter a file number that doesn’t exist, in Shiny, you will now get a message that says “ No files were found searching for ‘______’. “
Monday, December 9th 2019
1) We have made a couple of changes in regard to the Ernst Lookup Screen!
- A) When you use the Ernst Lookup Screen; entering your numbers and answering questions, when you go back the screen, you will notice two things. The first is that the selections you made the last time will still show and the second is that it will display the last time you did a lookup.
- B) If you use the Ernst Lookup Screen, then make changes to the Purchase Price or the Loan Amount, we will still alert you that you need to recalculate the Ernst Lookup, but we now will highlight the recording section on the HUD/CD in yellow. This will alert you that you made a change to the file that effects the recording calculations and you need to recalculate them in the Ernst Lookup screen.
2) We have enhanced the Check Register Query to allow you to search Reference Numbers for posted receipts. Previously, you could only search disbursements, but we have opened it up to allow you to search receipts as well!
3) We have added a new field to the Payoff Master and Payoff Information Screen, allowing you to enter an email address for your Payoff records. This will allow you to easily email Payoff letters in Document Management, without having to search for and type in their email address each time. There are two ways you can update/add the email address. The first is as you are entering a new payoff, enter the email address and you will see a button to “Update Remit to Information” and this will update the Payoff Master Record for you, for future files. The next is directly in the Payoff Master, which can be accessed by going from your Whiteboard to Back Office/Misc Menu and then Manage Payoff Master.
4) We have updated the Information Message on the Create File Screen, if you have a file already created, with a similar borrower name. This informational message used to pop up once the file was already created, but this will give you the information before hand, so you can decide if you want to proceed with creating the file. We have also improved the Property Search as well, so if you enter an address and zip code, and it matches another one on file, it will display a message as well.
5) The Search feature on the Whiteboard should show you a more relevant list then before.
6) We are continuing to update Endorsements for various underwriters and states. Please make sure you are using the Commitment Effective Date so that your current files aren’t effected by the changes.
7) We were made aware of a rule change for the CD, pertaining to when the AP table should be disclosed. We have updated the CD, so the AP table will only appear when the Interest Type is a Balloon or 2-Step.
8) For users with The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co. we have updated the icons in Classic View for the BPO Whiteboard and Policy Payment Whiteboard.
9) For users with The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co. we will now also remove any special characters from the file names before you upload them through the integration.
10) We have increased the size of the documents allowed for Drag and Drop Documents to 33MB!
11) We have limited the file extensions you are able to upload to a file to :-pdf, -txt, -doc, -docx, -png, -rtf, -gif, -jpegs, -tif, and -html .
Thursday, November 14th, 2019
We made an improvement to the Excess Deposit line on the CD so that the description can be modified without impacting Escrow Accounting or the ALTA Settlement Statement. In the past, modifying the description would have resulted in the ALTA Settlement Statement and Escrow Accounting screens to not properly account for the Excess Deposit.
Monday, November 11th, 2019
- Although we don’t recommend using Internet Explorer, as it is no longer being supported by Microsoft, we have updated the First American Policy Upload integration to allow you to load a policy from your Local File. We have also limited the types of files you can send over, to ensure the right file type gets uploaded. The document types that are allowed are; .PDF, .DOC, .DOCX, and .RTF.
- We have updated the Branch Product Orders integration with The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co., to have the “need by date” show business days.
- For users with The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co, we have updated the File Summary Page to now show the Shipping Labels.
- We have added a new way to set your file numbers when you create your first file for the new year! When you go to Create File or Copy to New File, you will be given 3 options for file numbers:
- a) Reset to 1 (this will start your file numbers to 2020-1)
- b) Continue from current (if you ended 2019 with file 2019-123, your new file will be 2020-124)
- c) Start at ____ (you can select what number you want them to start at, for instance, 2020-1000)
Please note that you can’t have numbers with preceding zeros, if you enter 001, we will start you at 2020-1.
You can also call our support line and we can set this for you as well.
5) We have completed the Fund Policy Upload Integration with The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co. This will allow you to upload your Policies from your Local File, Scanned/Saved within your ECDT File or from Generate Documents.
6) We continue to update the Endorsement Lists in various States and with various Underwriters. Please make sure you are using the Commitment Effective Date Field, so that you get the proper list.
Monday, November 4th, 2019
We have added a new question in Lookup Ernst for MA ( Duke County Only): “ Is the buyer(s) eligible for the first-time home buyer exemption?”
If it is YES/True, it will exempt the first $480,000 of the Estimated Value from the 2% Land Bank Tax.
A NO answer applies the 2% tax to the whole Estimated Value.
Monday, October 7th, 2019
- We have renamed Clear Field Modified Flags to Clear Manual Entry, to help it be a little more intuitive as to how to clear out manual changes on the HUD and CD (lines in green).
- We have added the CPL fee to automatically populate to the HUD/CD if you generate a CPL with Old Republic in NC, via the integration.
Also, we are continuing to update the Endorsement Lists in E-Closing, so please make sure you are using Commitment Effective Dates, so that your current files aren't affected when the list gets updated.
Monday, August 26th 2019
In your Boilerplates, if you enter text and surround it with double square brackets, you will get fill-in areas on the Text Description Screen. For example, if you want the Recording Date and Time in a boilerplate, in "Manage Boilerplates" put [[Date Recorded]] and [[Time Recorded]] like below:
A mortgage from <<Borrower_names_anded>>, recorded on [[Date Recorded]] at [[Time Recorded]].
Now, in a file, chose the Text Description you want it to go in (Insured Mortgage/Assignment), chose the Group you put the Boilerplate in, then chose the Boilerplate and the screen will look like this:
Simply type the date in the "Date Recorded" box and the "Time Recorded" box and hit tab, and the information will fill out as follows:
Monday, August 12th 2019
- We have made a few updates to the Common Report that you can access in ReportWriter. We have added the ability to pull the status of the file. You can have it pull ALL, Active, Closed or Cancelled. You can also add that as one of the columns, so if you select “ALL”, then you can see the status of each file on the report. We have also added the ability to use the File ID (the automatic file number) or the Lookup Number (your custom file number). We have also added “Title Processor” to the list to chose from.
- We are continuing to update Endorsements for all underwriters and states. Please make sure you are using the Commitment Effective Date on the Title Policy Screen. We use that date to make updated rates and endorsements only effect files after a certain date. If you don’t enter a date, you will get the most up-to-date, which can cause changes in your current files.
- If you enter Flood Insurance in to the Insurance Information Screen, we will now auto-populate it to Section G (1000), similar to how the Homeowner’s Insurance functions.
- On August 1 st , we released the new Stewart Jacket Integration. You can now generate Jackets, as well as CPLs directly in your E-Closing File.
- We have updated the Old Republic EZ-Jacket integration so that CPL fees will be sent to EZ-Jacket when CPL's are generated through E-Closing.
- You can now switch between Classic and "Shiny" without having to Log out and Log back in.
Thursday, July 11th 2019
- Under Whiteboard Setup, we have added an additional filter, “Use Attorney”. This functions the same way as “Use Team” or “Use Processor” but you can have it filter out by the attorney associated with the file.
- We have added the Payoff Description to the File Summary Screen, so you can see at a glance what each payoff record is for.
- In the Text Message and Email users get informing them they have an unread message in the portal, it now references the file number and the street address.
- We will now alert users with The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co., if when entering a Lookup number, if any characters you are trying to use aren’t accepted. That field only accepts alphanumeric characters, dashes, underscores and periods.
- When using Checklists, if your event has a Schedule Completion based on the Close Date, if you update the Close Date in the file, and the event hasn’t been completed yet, we will update the Scheduled Completion Date automatically for you.
- Great news! When using the CATIC integration, when you void a CPL, it will now void it on CATIC’s side as well. Previously, it would be voided in E-Closing, but you would still have to log on to CATIC’s site and void it there as well. Now, with the click of a button, it will be voided on both sides!
- As members of The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co., you will have stock boilerplates to help fill out your Commitment and Policies that will be updated yearly. These boilerplates will not be allowed to be changed, and will be marked with (Read Only) next to the name. You can view them, but are not allowed to make changes to them. You will be able to create your own boilerplates, which won’t be effected by the yearly updates, however.
Finally, we continue to stress the importance of secure communication through our Closing Portal. If you haven't tried it out we would highly encourage you to do so and to start using the closing portal for all closing related communication. There has been an increase in targeted phishing attacks aimed at consumers, realtors and settlement agents. Secure encrypted communication, like what is provided through the Closing Portal, is an easy way to protect yourself and your clients. If you have any questions about the Closing Portal we have resources available in our help desk and you are always welcomed to call us for support.
Monday, June 10th 2019
- When generating CPLs with First American, some states have multiple covered parties options; Lender, Buyer/Borrower and/or Seller. With this change, each CPL you generate, will generate a CPL charge (if one is charged in your state) for each CPL. The Lender and Buyer/Borrower will show in Section C of the CD (the 1100 Section on the HUD and GFE HUD) and the Seller fee will show in Section H of the CD (1110 Section on the HUD and GFE HUD)
- We have added a new error message on the Financial Information Screen. If your file is a REFI and you don’t have a Lender selected, we will let you know this and that we can’t calculate the various dates. To resolve, please go to Maintain File/Lender Information and select a Lender from the list. This way we will be able to calculate the Rescission, Disbursement, First Payment Date and Maturity Dates.
- We are continuing to work on updating the Endorsement prices in all states for all underwriters. It is very important that you use the Commitment Effective Date on all of your files, as we load new rates and endorsements based on this date (with very few exceptions). If you do not have a date entered here, the latest list will appear, which will uncheck all previously selected endorsements. We are making these changes as part of enhancements to some integrations, and also to make sure the latest list of endorsements is available.
Thursday, June 6th 2019
- When you generate a CPL for CATIC files using the integration in MA, a $25 CPL charge will now appear on your Settlement Statement, effective June 1st.
Friday, May 3rd 2019
- For clients with The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title, on the Title Policy Screen, in the Prior Policy Section, instead of the Underwriter field being fillable, you can simply select from an Underwriter already in your Rolodex.
- We have added an informational message to the Title Policy Screen as well. In the Prior Policy Section, we added the note “This data is just informational and is not used in policy calculations.” This was to help with some confusion when entering information for the Prior Policy. As always, if you need to provide a discount on the policy, please be sure to enter it at the top of the page, where the Premiums get entered.
- We have updated the NH DRA forms, CD-57-P and CD-57-S to generate additional forms if there are more than two Purchasers (P) or Sellers (S).
Friday, April 19th 2019
1) We have split the access to Manage Users (Company) and Manage Portal Users. In each user setting, the drop down for Mange Users has more options now:
- None – No access to either Manage Users or Manage Portal Users
- Full – Full access to both Manage Users and Manage Portal Users
- Read Only – Read Only access to both Manage Users and Manage Portal Users
- Users Read Only – Read Only access to Manage Users, No access to Manage Portal Users
- Users Full – Full access to Manage Users, No access to Manage Portal Users
- Portal Read Only – Read Only access to Manage Portal Users, No access to Manage Users
- Portal Full – Full access to Manage Portal Users, No access to Manage Users
2) You can now Message to Portal, Email and Save Word documents from Document Management. This will be useful for sending forms to your Borrowers, Sellers and Real Estate Agents where you need information filled out and sent back. Send them the form in Word, and they can fill it out and send it back!
3) We are working towards splitting out Loan and Owner specific Endorsements in Florida. Currently this works when the Underwriter in your file is The Fund, a division of the Underwriter, Old Republic National Title Co. If the Commitment Effective Date is 4/22/2019 on, you will notice the Endorsements are now listed out in two columns. If you select Owner Endorsements, they will show up in Section H on the CD, with the Owner’s Policy Premium. On the GFE HUD, it lists the Endorsements out on the Owner Policy line. Please stay tuned for more states and Underwriters as we update them!
4) We have added a Settlement Statement that can be used for Commercial and/or Cash Deals. The main changes are that we removed any reference on the document to HUD, and we changed “Borrower” to “Buyer”. This can only be used if the Settlement Statement associated with the file is the old 2 page HUD and can be found in the list of available documents (to add to a package). The name of the document is “Settlement Statement (HUD Form)”. You will also notice that it has the same “Show HUD Print Options” as the HUD and GFE HUD currently loaded. Here you can select your signature options, the style, which pages, and if you need the “Draft” watermark.
5) We have added “Timeshare” in the Property Type drop down on the Property Information Screen. When selected, this will open up two additional fields, “Points” and “Interest”, and it also changes “Assoc. Name” with “Timeshare Resort” which can be tagged to documents.
Monday, April 15th 2019
- On Monday, April 22, 2019, we are releasing a significant change to how endorsements will be calculated and disclosed. Currently, this will only be effective for files where The Fund is the Underwriter, but this will be something we will be rolling out to other Underwriters in Florida. Please stay tuned for those Updates. Starting April 22nd, you will see two columns on the Title Policy Screen, Loan and Owners. When you select Endorsements in the Owner’s column, those will now appear in Section H of the CD, and be charged to the party (Borrower or Seller) paying for the Owner’s Policy.
Friday, April 5th 2019
We have many exciting new features to tell you about! If you have questions about any of the new features, please feel free to reach out to Support and we will be more than happy to assist you!
- We have added to the Borrower/Seller Screens, a “Deceased” drop down. This will default to NO, but if you need to have a deceased Borrower/Seller referenced on certain documents, you can change that to YES and when you change it to YES, a Date of Death field will now populate where you can enter that person’s Date of Death, which can then be populated to certain documents.
- In the Manage Checklists, you can now choose to only include business days when calculating start and completion dates. The current system default includes holidays and weekends.
- We have added a new Contact Business Type for Lenders, Loan Funder. This can be used to pull to certain documents.
- We have added back the ability to Void CPL’s for CATIC files in E-Closing. Please note, that this still does NOT void the CPL on CATIC’s side, so you still need to make sure you contact them to void it with them. However, this will allow you to void it in E-Closing so that you can proceed with your file.
- We also added a notes field for the Mortgage Broker, which will function like the notes section for the Lender.
Friday, March 15th 2019
We have many exciting new features to tell you about! If you have questions about any of the new features, please feel free to reach out to Support and we will be more than happy to assist you!
1)We have added additional questions on the Lookup Ernst Screen for Maryland files.
Does this transaction involve the transfer of agricultural land which will not remain in agricultural use for at least 5 consecutive years following the transfer?
If you answer YES, you will need to fill out how many acres are being transferred.
Is the property assessed as improved agricultural land or agricultural land with site improvements?
2) We have added the ePN logo to the E-Closing Connect Screen. This is simply to let you know that it is in the works, it is not a live integration yet. Stay tuned!
3) We have modified the way the Rolodex sorts. Previously, if you had a common Lender you always worked with (or any other business type), you had to put a Sort Order for all Companies in that Business Type to have it pull your #1 business at the top. We have changed it so that now, you can leave all others at Sort Order 0 and put 1 in your most commonly used business, and that one will pull to the top of your list.
4) You now can have more control over the memo line that prints on your checks! If you like your current memo line, then you don’t have to do anything. However, if you want a change, you can do so in Bank Setup. There are now 3 drop downs, with various field names. Select one, two or three different fields (File, Number, Property Address and Borrower Last Name, for example) and that will now be what prints on your memo line.
5) We have added the Kentucky Local Government City/County Premium Taxes. Depending on the City/County the property is located in, we will calculate the Tax based off the Discounted Premium on the Title Policy Screen and put the fee on the HUD/CD. This will be effective for files created after March 1, 2019. We will disclose this fee on the HUD on line 1111 and on the GFE HUD, line 1110 and in Section C or B (depending on where your Title Fees default on the Closing Disclosure. (so please do not use these lines as HUD Defaults in KY).
6) We have updated the way messaging works for your company. Previously, an email alerting you that you had a message was sent to the Company Wide Email Address. However, now, there is a setting for THIS COMPANY in the Rolodex to choose who gets the email notification. Your options are: Do Not Send, Main Company Email (default), Attorney, Closer, Other Employee or Title Processor. We have also modified the email you receive as well to limit the information being referenced to help prevent phishing scams. Another change we made is that it previously took an hour to send you the alert that you had a new message, now it is sent immediately after the Portal User sends it.
7) On the Title Policy Screen, we are now defaulting the Jacket Type and Jacket Category (if applicable) as blank on the drop downs. The reason for this, is because they defaulted in alphabetical order and often the incorrect Jacket Type was selected.
8) We have added a Paralegal Drop Down on the Borrower/Seller Information screen to be tied to their Attorney. This way, you can enter them as a Processor in the Rolodex as a contact for the Attorney and you will be able to email them as well as the Borrower/Seller Attorney.
9) We have made editing your letterhead easier! We on Support can still load your letterhead and footer, we don’t mind, however if you want to have more control over it, you now can! Get an image of your letterhead/footer and save it as a .PNG, .JPEG, .JPG or .GIF (please note, it can’t be larger then 30MB). Now, head on over to your Rolodex. You can do it Company Wide, in which case you would go to THIS COMPANY in the Business Type Drop Down, or you can do it by Settlement Agency. Click on the Company Name, and you will see:
Simply click on the Drop Here icon, or drag and drop the file, and the name of the file will appear in the field next to the Drop Here icon. You can then select the justification, Left, Center or Right. Any document that is tagged to pull letterheads/footers, will generate with your new letterhead/footer! Please note, if using different ones for different Settlement Agencies, you will need to save the files with different names, so the right letterhead/footer generates in their respective files.
10) We have added a common report that you can generate. To run this report, from your Whiteboard, please go to Documents/ReportWriter. It is called “common_report” and you can select the date range you want, if you want the information to pull based off the Close Date or the Create Date and then up to 5 columns (by default, Column 1 is the File Number).
11) We have removed the Void CPL option for CATIC. This was causing issues with Remittance because it didn’t actually void the CPL on CATIC’s side. You will need to call CATIC to void it (as you can’t void CPLs on their Website) and reissue a new one with them, or if you need to assign a different Underwriter in your file, still reach out to CATIC to void it, but then let us know and we can void the CPL on our end so that you can change Underwriters.
Wednesday, February 20th 2019
- We have modified the ALTA Settlement Statements to now include the Total Column, where we previously didn't have amounts in the Total Column. Therefore, we had to move where we disclosed the Credit/Debits. If the Borrower/Seller is bringing money in, this would show as a Credit (meaning money has to come in). If the Borrower/Seller needs to get money, this would be a Debit (meaning you are cutting a check/wire out). This was necessary, so that the columns equaled each other, so that you could see at a glance, that your Debit/Credit for Seller matched and your Debit/Credit for Borrower matched. Think of it more as Credit/Debit to balance the sheet/ledger, as the form is a 2 column accounting ledger.
Friday, January 18th 2019
- We have added a setting in the Rolodex for This Company, Lender and Title Insurance Underwriter, for you to be able to default which section you want Title Fees to default to. Previously, we defaulted all Title Fees to show in Section C of the Closing Disclosure. Some Lenders want to see the fees in Section B, however. You then had to click on each line and move the section. Now you can just select a default and the fees will automatically appear in the selected section
Friday, January 11th 2019
- We have added the new Baltimore City Yield Tax question to the Ernst lookup screen for properties with purchase prices over one million.
The question is:
Is this a transaction for residential property that will be occupied by the grantee for which a bona fide contract of sale has been entered into on or before January 11, 2021?
Wednesday, January 9th 2019
- We have added the CPL fee for Old Republic in OH effective 1/10/2019.
Friday, January 4th 2019
- We have added the CPL fee for Old Republic in WV. If you generate a CPL via the integration after 1/1/19, a $50 CPL fee will show on the settlement statement.
- We have updated the WI WFG Rates with an effective date of 11/01/2018.
Friday, December 21st 2018
- We have updated the WFG NJ CPL fee to be $75.
- We have added the CPL fee for Fidelity, Commonwealth, and Chicago in RI, with a charge of $25.
- We have removed the restriction on the ALTA Settlement Statements, which allowed you to only generate with a CD. Now, any Settlement Statement, you can also generate the ALTA forms.
Friday, December 14th 2018
- We have added to the Property Information Screen, the Parcel ID Number field. This was previously in the Tax/Fee/Pro-ration Screen, which it still is, however; we felt it would be better suited to be on the Property Information Screen. You will see an additional button on the Tax/Fee/Pro-ration screen, ‘Copy from property’, which will pull the Parcel ID over (so you don’t have to type it in again, and documents will still populate the number).
- When you have events that are automatically set to assign a particular Business Type (for instance, Closer), and the Closer assigned to the file changes after being opened, the event will now automatically change the participant. Previously, you had to manually change this, but it will now automatically change.
- In Florida, you can charge an additional amount on the Loan Policy, if it is a Simultaneous Issue. Previously, you had to contact support to have this automatically calculate for your files. We have made an update so that in the Title Insurance Underwriter Rolodex Screen, you can now enter the amount you want to charge above the standard $25.
- On Page 1 of the CD, in the ‘Estimated Taxes, Insurance, and Assessments’ section, if you manually changed the amount in the field, we would not automatically update it, if changes are made to the CD. Ideally, you don’t want to modify this field, but if you have to, now it will turn green to let you know that it has been modified and you will need to continue to modify it, if needed.
We have updated the First American Rates, effective 12/15/2018.
Saturday, November 16th 2018
- We were made aware of new changes to the FinCen Requirements. They lowered the threshold for ALL counties required to report to $300,000 on Cash Transactions:
The purchase amount threshold, which previously varied by city, is now set at $300,000 for each covered metropolitan area. FinCEN is also requiring that covered purchases using virtual currencies be reported. FinCEN also is dropping the confidentiality provision and removing GTO coverage for purchases by trusts. The extended GTOs run from Nov. 17 through May 15, 2019.
Covered areas include:
- Texas: Bexar, Tarrant and Dallas counties
- Florida: Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties
- New York: Boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and Manhattan
- California: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties
- Hawaii: city and county of Honolulu
- Nevada: Clark County
- Washington: King County
- Massachusetts: Suffolk and Middlesex counties
- Illinois: Cook Count
Here is the ALTA Link: https://www.alta.org/news/news.cfm?20181115-FinCEN-Renews-Money-Laundering-GTOs
As done previously, if your file met the requirements, on the File Summary Screen, we showed a message letting you know the file met the requirements.
Monday, November 5th 2018
- We have updated the ORNTC NY Endorsements effective 11/1/2018.
Friday, October 26th 2018
- We have updated the FATIC VA rates to be effective 10/20/2018.
- We have updated Page 4 of the CD to be TRID 2.0 Compliant:
Based on information found here: https://www.calyxsoftware.com/training/webinars/TRID2-WebinarSlides.pdf
Monday, October 22nd 2018
- We have updated the FATIC DC rates to be effective 10/20/2018.
Friday, October 18th 2018
- For the Closing Portal, you can now turn on or off the Zillow Integration. If you do not want anyone on the Portal to see the Zillow Tab, please follow these steps: From your Whiteboard go to Rolodex Menu then Manage Rolodex. Then from the Business Type Drop Down, please select THIS COMPANY and then click on your company’s name. You will then see a field that says “Add Zillow Tab” and you can select No or Yes. It will default to Yes, so change it to No and click update.
- Previously, if you hadn’t recorded with Simplifile in 3 days, the Simplifile Whiteboard would no longer be visible, until you recorded again. We have changed this to show the Simplifile Whiteboard, no matter when the last time you recorded was.
- On the File Summary Screen, in the Email section, you could never tell what attachment was emailed out. Now, you will see which attachment(s) were sent out in the blue bar at the top, where it lists the recipients and in the body of the email!
Tuesday, September 18th 2018
- You can now add the Contract Date as a column to your Whiteboard.
- On the Closing Portal, it now displays the Purchase Price, instead of the Appraised Value.
- On the Event Whiteboard, we have included the Proj Close Date, in the Close Date Column (similar to the Main Whiteboard).
- We have added a couple new features to the Copy To New File feature.
- You will see a new option called “A NEW Revision File”, this creates an “A” file (similar to when you currently chose Copy to NEW file). The option called “A NEW File”, creates a file using the next available file number.
- You can now choose if the Borrower is the Seller on the new file, or vice versa. Make sure if you say to copy the Borrower Information, but make them the Seller, you uncheck to copy the Seller Information, or the current Seller Information will be copied.
- We have modified the Closing Portal, so that for Listing Brokers, they only see the Full Contact Information for their client, the Sellers. Same for Selling Brokers, will only see Full Contact Information for their clients, the Borrowers.
Tuesday, September 11th 2018
- We have added a new report to ReportWriter (Whiteboard/Documents/ReportWriter) with a title called common_missing_checks_report. What this report will do is show you a range of checks that have not been used.
Tuesday, September 5th 2018
- We have made the Tax/Fee/Proration main screen to show more information, so at a glance, you can see which record you want to modify. We have added the following columns: Parcel ID/Acct NBR, Payment Schedule, Paid Thru, Next Due and Next Payment Amt.
- We have also updated the Insurance main screen as well, adding the following columns: Paid Thru and Annual Premium.
- We have an exciting new integration to tell you about! We are now integrated with Safe Escrow. With the click of a button, you can send your file to Safe Escrow and they will periodically check to see if there is any new data. See E-Closing Connect for more information.
- We have updated the Tax/Fee/Proration Screen so that if you have more than one Property Tax Record, and they each have different Map/Block/Lot numbers, each record will store their own unique numbers.
Monday, August 27th 2018
- We have updated the NATIC NC rates effective 10/1/2018.
Friday, August 24th 2018
- We have loaded FNTIC GA rates, effective 11/1/2017
Monday, August 20th 2018
- When generating a CPL (via the integration) in GA with Fidelity, Commonwealth, or Chicago, starting tomorrow, the CPL fee will generate on the HUD/CD.
Friday, August 17th 2018
- When you make a Company Inactive or Deleted, it will show the status next to their name in Setup HUD Defaults. This way, if you have multiple entries for a company, and delete one of them, you can see which default they were tied to. We have also made the links greyed out so you can’t click them, as this can cause issues on your HUD/CD.
- We have changed it so that when you void an internal transfer, it will give it the Printed Date instead of the date it was voided. This was causing issues with Bank Reconcilation and having different dates.
- We have changed email addresses for the Closing Portal Notifications to show as firstname.lastname@example.org, instead of the current email it shows, to help with confusion or concerns that it is spam.
- When you generate a Jacket through an integration, we now will also grey out the Jacket Type drop down, so you can’t change it. This will ensure that if the wrong jacket was originally generated, you have to void it to create the new one for the correct type.
- If you have a City Tax Record entered in the Tax/Fee/Proration Screen, we will put City Taxes in Section G of the CD and the 1000 section on the HUD/GFE HUD, similar to the Property Tax
- When generating a barcoded document and assigning it to a Portal User, the Portal User will now get a message letting them know they have a new document.
Monday, August 13th 2018
- We have added the CPL Fee for FNTIC VT of $25 effective 8/13/2018, which will go to your CD/HUD if a CPL is generated with in the file.
Saturday, August 4th 2018
- We have added a new field called “Contract Date”, which can be entered on the Create File Screen or the Financial Information Screen. This date can be tagged to go to documents, and you can also create events and checklists to be based off the Contract Date.
- If your company uses Slack, we have added a way to have a message sent to a channel when your company creates a new file or adds a note to a file. We will have a guide (it is a pretty simple 4 step process) on our Help Desk to help guide you in setting this up.
- We have added “TIN” to the Borrower and Seller screens for Individuals as well as the entities they are associated with.
- We have added an alert for files that meet the FinCen criteria to know if you need to generate the FinCen document. If your file meets the criteria, a banner will appear on your File Summary Screen. To meet the criteria the file must be:
- Property Use (New) is anything but Commercial
- The Loan Purpose is ‘Cash Purchase’ or the Lender Name is ‘Cash’
- Purchase price is $300,000 or greater and property county is Suffolk MA or Middlesex MA
- Purchase price is $500,000 or greater and property county is Bexar TX
- Purchase price is $1,000,000 or greater and property county is Miami-Dade FL, Broward FL or Palm Beach FL
- Purchase price is $1,500,000 or greater and property county is Queens NY, Bronx NY or the city is Staten Island NY
- Purchase price is $2,000,000 or greater and property county is San Diego CA, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, San Mateo CA, Santa Clara CA.
- Purchase price is $3,000,000 or greater and property city is Manhattan NY, New York City NY
- Purchase price is $3,000,000 or greater and property county is Honolulu Hawaii
- We have the CATIC Title integration to be used in NJ, NY and PA. Simply enter your credentials in E-Closing Connect to be able to generate Jackets and CPLs from the Title Policy Screen.
- We have increased the “Formation Entity” field on the Borrower/Seller Information Screens to hold 100 characters, where it only held 30 before.
- We have added a new address field for Lenders and Mortgage Brokers, called “Final Docs Address”, for those Lenders and Mortgage Brokers who have another address to send Final Docs to.
- We have added an alert if you are trying to print checks that have already been used in the system. The alert will tell you the check numbers that have already been used. If you don’t have a check template loaded, we will also alert you to that as well.
- We have also enhanced the login screen. Instead of getting a popup when you enter the incorrect password or any other message that would pop up, it is now built in to the login page, for a cleaner look.
- You can now set different Rate Types for Loan and Owner Packages! If you want the Loan to default to Standard and Owners to default to Enhanced, you can now do that in the Rolodex!
Friday, July 27th 2018
- We have updated FATIC GA rates - effective 9/1/2018. The only change is that the premiums now round up to the nearest dollar.
- We have also updated the NATIC GA rates - effective 8/27/2018.
Thursday, July 26th 2018
- We have also updated the following rates:
Old Republic NH Rates updated – effective 8/1/2018
Old Republic NH Endorsements updated – effective 8/1/2018
Old Republic VT Endorsements updated – effective 8/1/2018
Tuesday, July 24th 2018
- We have updated the NATIC MA rates with an effective date of 8/1/2018.
Tuesday, July 17th 2018
- When emailing attachments from File Summary, users would have to click Add attachment, select the one they wanted, then if they wanted to add additional ones, click Add attachment again. This has been updated so that the list of available attachments will remain visible, so you can easily add more than one attachment.
- For users in Florida, we have updated the CATIC interface to allow you to generate CPLs and Jackets on the Title Policy Screen with the integration!
Tuesday, July 3rd 2018
- We have added a new form per the updated FinCen rule to include Middlesex and Suffolk Counties in Massachusetts to fill out this form. The form is called ALTA FinCen Targeting Order.
- You can now click and drag disbursements that have been split from other disbursements. This previously broke when we added the feature to show where a disbursement was split from.
- You can now make a Plot Plan Engineer an E-Closing Portal User. You will create them the same way you create Loan Originators and other Business types in the Rolodex.
- For Stewart Title NY files and First American Title NH files, endorsements will now round up.
- We have opened up the field in Bank Setup for you to be able to change the last check number. As you know, sometimes if a wrong check number gets entered, it can throw things off for you. You now have the ability (if you have access to Bank Setup) to update this and carry on with your work!
- We have updated the button on the Create Manual Checks/Wires Screen to say “Create Manual Checks/Wires” instead of just “Create Manual Checks."
- We have added a new button to the Borrower Information Screen. Regardless of the Loan Purpose, you will see a check box to Use Property Address. This will fill in the property address on the Borrower Information Screen.
- On the Consolidated Checks Screen, we have now added the Check Total, similar to the Print Checks Screen within a file. Now you will know what the total amount of a check will be before printing.
- Documents/Closing Portal: When saving a document for an E-Closing User (or THIS COMPANY), it always named the document whatever the package name was. This is still true if more than one document is generated/saved in the package (example Borrower Info Form and Buyer Intro Letter, will be saved as Intro Letters). However, if you only generate one document, it will save it as the document name (for example, Borrower Info Form will save as such).
- User Settings: If a user had no or limited access to items in the Maintain File Screens, on File Summary, they were still able to click on the link (for example to the Borrower) and make changes. If they don’t have access to items in the Maintain File Screens, those items will not show up on File Summary. If they have Read Only Access, they can’t click on the links, and the screens will be in Read Only when they access them.
Monday, July 2nd 2018
- We have updated the following cities in Massachuesetts MLC fees: North Andover, Webster, Mansfield, Chelmsford, and Paxton.
Friday, June 29th 2018
- We have added a new document for use called ALTA FinCen Targeting Order, which is a new document required with certain transactions. Full Suite Users can add this document to any package you need to.
Tuesday, June 26th 2018
- We have added for FATIC GA the $50 CPL Fee that will take affect for any CPL’s generated on or after 7/1/2018.
- We have added WFG and CATICO NJ rates effective 04/01/2018.
- We have added WFG WI rates effective 1/4/2016.
Thursday, June 21st 2018
- We have added the CPL fee for WFG in RI, which will automatically generate a $25 fee to the HUD/CD if a CPL is generated within the system.
- We have added the ability to make Loan Processor Assistants and Real Estate Agent Assistants, E-Closing Portal Users. You can make them Closing Portal Users the same way you make other Business Contacts Portal Users.
Tuesday, June 5th 2018
- The State of NH DRA forms have been updated, at the request of the State of New Hampshire. You can still E-File the forms within the State Specific Screen, but if you generate the paper copy, they have been updated to the most recent forms from the State of New Hampshire.
- On the Closing Portal, in the Tax Information Section, we have added it to include the payment schedule for each record.
- reQuire has a new product we have integrated with, “Curative Title Order”. Using this integration, users can submit a request to reQuire that will have reQuire begin working to remove an item from Title that should have been previously discharged.
- We have begun releasing our Alliant National Title CPL integration to some beta testers. Once we have finished beta testing, it will be released to all!
We have also added some new features to the Document Uploader Software (for barcodes). Please go to File-> Check For Updates, and update the software. Once it restarts and you go to log in again, you will see a button that says " Remember Me", which will store your credentials for when you restart the program. You will also get two new options in the File Menu: Exit and Exit and Sign Out. If you have selected the Remember Me option and choose File->Exit, it will reuse your credentials and log you back in when you restart the program. If you choose File-> Sign out and Exit, it will remove your saved credentials and you will need to log in the next time you start the app.
Thursday, May 17th 2018
- We have added the Escrow Accounting Training Videos on the Escrow Accounting Screen. Simply click on the little blue ? in the upper right hand corner to view which video you would like. In addition to the options currently available, there is now one called “Escrow Accounting Training”. It is 10:24 in length, but very informative!
- We have added labels to the Tax Information Section on the Closing Portal. Now, we will disclose which Tax Record the record refers to.
- We have added a “Forgot Password” link on the log in page, which will send you or your Closing Portal Users an email with a new temporary password.
Tuesday, May 15th 2018
- We have updated the WFG rates in GA with an effective date of 5/14/2018.
Friday, May 4th 2018
- We have made the Manage Users screen easier to use! You can now toggle between E-Closing Users (those in your office) and Closing Portal Users. You will also be able to search their name, or any part of their name and it will filter through the names, so you can easily find a user! In the past, the Company Users and Client Users were all just one long list, which made it hard to find names. Now, there will be two tabs “E-Closing” and “Closing Portal”, each with 5 columns; Name, Login, Company, Role, and Actions. In the Name, Login and Company Fields, you can start typing any part of the name, and the list will get filtered out. Role for Company user is always displayed as USER and Role for Closing Portal users is whatever Business type the User is, ie., Borrower, Seller, Listing Agent, etc. By clicking on the Actions icon, you will be taken to the User Management Screen, where you can edit information and security settings.
- We have added a new video to the Closing Disclosure Maintenance Screen, which will help guide you in filling out the CD.
We have added a Commercial rate type for GA for First American.
Friday, April 13th 2018
- We have loaded rates and endorsements for CATIC in FL.
Wednesday, April 11th 2018
- We have changed the labeling of the types of Notes in the User Notes area. Note is a note in the file visible to any employee of your company, and Alert will pop the note up when you access the File Summary Screen.
- We have loaded the rates and endorsements for NATIC in GA.
Monday, April 9th 2018
- Our alerts will be more prominent. In the past, you may have noticed if our office was closed due to a holiday, that it blended in with the Whiteboard. We now will have a red banner alerting you that the office is closed.
- Although we have given you the option to choose to generate a document in Word, we defaulted it to generate as a PDF (View on Screen). We will still default to this, however, if you wish to change this default and always generate in Word, you now will have that choice. To make this change, from your Whiteboard go to Back Office - Misc Menu to - Manage Users and select the user name you wish to change (only available to users who have access to Manage Users). You should see an additional field that says Default Output Option. Choose Word and scroll to the bottom and click Update User. This will now default the document output option to Word, but you will have the option to generate as PDF, if you wish.
- You will see a new field in the Recording Screen called Date Dated. In states or instances where the date of the recorded document is different from the closing date you can enter a date in this field. Otherwise, feel free to leave it blank. It will only appear on documents where it is tagged to pull it, so if it isn’t something you would use, you will see no change.
- Due to the new Closing Portal (please see other documentation and videos for information on this enhanced feature!), we have removed the option for Public Notes. This was because of the messaging we have for the Closing Portal.
- If you are in a state where you use “Deed of Trust Trustee”, you can now enter a default Trustee in the Lender Rolodex, so you aren’t always typing the same name. We will default that name for that Lender, but if needed on a particular file, you can change the name.
- With the release of the new Closing Portal, you can also add a new column to your Whiteboard for messaging. This will show you if you have a message waiting to be read for that file.
- We have added more information to the “Show Proration” Informational Message. In the past it is said “Credit for $” or “Debit for $”. It will now say “Credit From Buyer for $” or “Debit to Buyer for $”, so it is a little more clear who is giving or receiving the credit.
- We have added more information to the File Summary Page showing who the Attorney is for that file. This can be selected either when creating the file or under Maintain File/ Misc Change.
- We have added Field Labels for the Seller’s Forwarding Address on the Seller Information Screen to make it easier to fill out the Forwarding Address.
- We have added an icon on the Escrow Accounting Screen, to post Manual Checks/Wires. In the past, if you wanted to post multiple items in one wire or hand-written check, you had to go to the Escrow Acc. menu, now you can access that screen directly from the Escrow Accounting Screen!
- We have updated the Informational Message that shows when you change the Purchase Price. It will now include to run Lookup Ernst (if run previously), as well as verifying the Realtor Commissions and the Title Policy.
- We have added to the Escrow Accounting Screen, the Rolodex Icon. Now, if you are updating a disbursement or splitting a disbursement, you can click on the Rolodex Icon, and from the Rolodex select a name and address. For the Lender it defaults to Post Processing for now, but we are looking to add an option to choose any one of the many addresses you’ve stored for your lenders. – Stay Tuned!
Thursday April 5th 2018
- We have added the CPL fees for WFG in NH to be $25, Old Republic in PA for $125 and NJ for $75. This fee will automatically generate when a CPL is generated via the integration.
- We have loaded the rates for NATIC in TN.
Wednesday, March 28th 2018
- We have added a feature where if you split an amount from another disbursement, that split will show you where you split it from. This is for informational purposes only and will not print on a check.
Wednesday, March 7th 2018
- We have loaded the CT rates for Title Resources , effective 7/15/2017.
Tuesday, February 20th 2018
- We have updated the NATIC and WFG MI rates that were effective 12/01/2017 and 8/01/2017, respectively, due to a rounding issue.
- We also updated the new endorsements for both underwriters, effective 2/1/2018 due to some fee changes.
Thursday, February 15th 2018
- Great news! We have just released the new integration with UPS! To use this integration, from your Whiteboard go to Back Office -> E-Closing Connect and scroll down to the UPS icon. Click on the icon and enter your UPS Username, Password, and Account, and choose if you use Ground or not. Now, when you are in a file, when you create a shipping label, you can choose the Ship Via drop down and choose UPS. Fill out the rest of the screen, and you are good to go!
Wednesday, January 31st 2018
- We have added the CPL Fee for WFG SC effective 2/1/2018. The charge is $25.
Friday, January 19th 2018
- We have added the Fidelity, Chicago and Commonweath CPL Fee to be effective now and will charge $25 on the HUD/CD when CPL's are generated through the integration for ME and RI.
Monday, January 8th 2018
- We have added the CATIC NH CPL Fee effective 2/1/2018. The charge will be $25 and will appear on the CD/HUD beginning 2/1/2018 when CPL’s are generated through the integration.
Thursday, January 4th 2018
- Next to the Quick Filters there is now a link labeled “export”. If you click on this it will export your whiteboard data into an Excel file. The events column is not included because there is no way to display that properly in Excel and the notes column just has the url for the notes to the file. One nice thing about this feature is that it is not limited to the 300 files that appear on the Whiteboard, it will display all files that apply based on the filter you have selected, ie Active, Closed, Canceled, etc. This is a great feature when looking at files, for instance, that need Policy numbers.
Thursday, December 21st 2017
- We have added the CPL fee for the Fidelity Companies in NH and Old Republic in LA to automatically appear on the HUD/CD if you generate a CPL in E-Closing. This is effective 1/1/2018.
eThursday, December 7th 2017
- We have updated the FATIC SC rates effective 12/1/2017. The only change is that they are now rounding up all premium amounts.
Wednesday, November 29th 2017
- We have updated the CTIC VT rates, effective 11/01/2017.
- We have added CTIC NC rates effective 3/1/2017.
Monday, November 20th 2017
- We have updated the NATIC MI rates effective 12/1/2017.
Tuesday, November 14th 2017
- We have loaded a new set of rates for Old Republic RI effective 12/15/2017. This rate filing required us to also load a new set of endorsements.
We have updated Investors Title rates for GA effective 01/01/2018.
Wednesday, November 8th 2017
- We have added the rates for Chicago in NY. Due to how Refi's are handled in NY, we also have added two new rate types: REFI-NEWLENDER and REFI-EXISTINGLENDER. If you need to calculate Title Insurance in NY and don't see these options, please reach out to us and we can add them for you!
Tuesday, October 31st 2017
- We have updated the MD Old Republic rates with an effective date of 10/15/2017.
Wednesday, October 18th 2017
- We have updated the new ME rates for Chicago, Commonwealth, Fidelity, Ticor and Lawyers, effective 10/25/2017. In addition to a rate change they are adopting the title endorsement “packaged” rates, like others in ME and NH.
Friday, September 29th 2017
- We have added the $25 CPL fee for CATIC VT, effective 10/1/2017. If you generate a CPL on 10/1/2017 or after, the $25 CPL fee will automatically appear on the HUD/CD.
Tuesday, September 19th 2017
- We have loaded the rates for GA FATIC effective 9/1/2017.
Monday, September 11th 2017
- We have updated FATIC NH and VT premiums to now round up to the nearest dollar with an effective date of 10/04/2017 and 09/01/2017, respectively.
Thursday, August 31st 2017
- We have added an additional security feature to E-Closing, Two Factor Authentication. Please see our Help Desk, under Getting Started for more information!
Wednesday, August 30th 2017
- We have updated the Westcor WI rates effective 9/7/2017 to reflect an increase in the minimum premium charge and a change in the simultaneous issue.
Monday, August 28th 2017
We have added FATIC VT and FATIC NH as states where the CPL fee will automatically appear on the HUD/CD when generated through the integration. VT will start with CPL’s generated on or after 9/1/2017 and NH will start on 10/4/2017.
- We have updated First American NH’s endorsements with an effective date of 10/4/2017 because the commercial survey affidavit charge is increasing from $50 to $100.
Friday, August 25th 2017
- We were made aware that clients in VA and MD will need a specific document, required by their Underwriter. We have added this document to be available for any clients in VA or MD. You will need to add it to a package, but it is available to you. This document is called "Wire Fraud Alert Notice".
Monday, August 21st 2017
- We have added the ability to pull the Commercial MLC fee to documents. If the Property Use is selected as Commercial, then it will pull the Commercial MLC fee to documents tagged to pull the MLC Fee. As with the Residential MLC fees, we maintain that data on our end, so if changes need to be made, please let our support team know.
Friday, August 18th 2017
- We have loaded WFG rates for GA and Old Republic rates for LA.
- We have changed the defaults when setting up new lenders. We now will default 4 decimal places and prepaid interest through the first payment day. This will effect new lender entries only, not ones that were previously entered.
Monday, August 14th 2017
- If you have multiple settlement agencies, you can now set HUD Defaults for each Settlement Agency.
Thursday, August 10th 2017
- We have updated the list of endorsements for Old Republic Title Insurance in Maine. Any files with a commitment effective date of 8/11/2017 or later will get this new list.
- We have also updated the Stewart Title Group rates for Virginia effective 8/1/2017.
Tuesday, August 8th 2017
- For First American Title Insurance files in NH have been updated to show the 8.1 Endorsement to not be $50 but $0, as it is included in the Residential ALTA Endorsement. Any files with an effective date before 8/8/2017 will still show the $50. If you change the commitment effective date to be 8/8/2017 or later, it will uncheck all endorsements and you will need to make sure you check them off again.
Thursday, July 27th 2017
- We have added ALTA Settlement Statements with the DRAFT watermark on them. You can add them to your ALTA package, if you would like!
Monday, June 26th 2017
- We have updated the CATIC NH rates effective 07/01/2017.
Friday, June 16th 2017
- Title insurance premiums and endorsements have been updated for Chicago Title, Commonwealth and Fidelity National in New Hampshire, effective 6/21/2017.
Wednesday, June 14th 2017
- We have released a new version of the Document Uploader Software for MAC users. Please go to Whiteboard/Back Office/Documents Menu/Download File Uploader Software and install the newest version. This should be updated for current users if you try to load large files.
Monday, June 6th 2017
- We have increased the Stewart Title New York rates from $1 million to $10 million.
Friday, June 2nd 2017
- We have added the WFG AL rates effective 05/22/2015.
Thursday, June 1st 2017
- We have updated the Fidelity RI rates effective today.
Friday, May 26th 2017
- The WI NATIC rates were updated with an effective date of 6/1/2017.
- We have updated the Florida Data Call report, to include a couple extra columns to provide more information .
Monday, May 15th 2017
- Effective today CATIC will no longer require serialized commitment jackets. That means that the generate commitment jacket link on the title policy screen will no longer appear for CATIC agents using the CATIC integration and the commitment jacket serial number will now default to the agent’s file id. We have updated all of the commitment templates to include the commitment jacket that is generated within E-Closing.
Friday, May 12th 2017
- We have updated the Title Rates for WFG MN and NC.
- We are now integrated with First American’s Back Office Production Services (BOPS). If you have setup the First American AgentNet integration in E-Closing Connect you can now order title searches through BOPS on the property information screen.”
Tuesday, May 2nd 2017
- WFG MA rates have been updated effective tomorrow (5/3/2017).
- The rates for NATIC in MA have been added.
- We have also added the ability to add ALTA license numbers for each Settlement Agency (instead of just being able to enter it in THIS COMPANY) in the Rolodex.
- First American made an update with their integration and if you no longer are seeing the Back Title Search button on the property screen, please re-validate your credentials. From your Whiteboard go to Back Office -> E-Closing Connect. Click on First American's icon, click Validate, then scroll to the bottom and hit Update Connections. You should now see the button again in the Property Information screen.
Friday, April 28th 2017
- We have changed how the State License fields for Lenders, Real Estate Brokers, Company/Settlement Agency are now shown in the Rolodex. Instead of having all 50 fields, there is now a drop down to choose which state, and you can add more, if needed.
- We have also added the ability to add multiple State License IDs for Real Estate Agents in the Contact Section of the Rolodex.
- There is a field in the Contact Section that says Old License (reference only). You cannot edit that field, but it is there for a reference so that you can then choose the State Field that number should be tied to for that contact.
Monday, April 17th 2017
- CATICTrac was deployed to all users effective this morning. This means if you had CATIC credentials for CPLs/Jackets, you will now be able to submit payoffs to CATICTrac on the payoff screen for discharge tracking. Please see E-Closing Connect for more information.
Friday, April 7th 2017
- We have updated the ORT MD rates effective 5/1/2017.
Thursday, April 6th 2017
- A CPL fee will automatically generate on the HUD/CD if you generate a CPL with Fidelity in CT through E-Closing. The $25 fee will automatically show as a charge to the borrower.
Wednesday, April 5th 2017
- We have loaded Substitution Loan Rates for Florida, a straight 40-70% discount based on the age of the outstanding policy. Make sure you have a Reissue Rate amount entered and then in the drop down below it, choose how old the prior policy was:
Age of Original Loan Premium Rates
3 years or under 30% of original rates
From 3 to 4 years 40% of original rates
From 4 to 5 years 50% of original rates
From 5 to 10 years 60% of original rates
Over 10 years 100% of original rates
Minimum premium $100.00
Wednesday, March 22nd 2017
- Fidelity, Commonwealth and Chicago have new rates effective 4/6/2017. This rate change includes the addition of the Standard-NALR and Enhanced-NALR rate types, for CT.
Wednesday, March 15th 2017
- We updated the Rolodex to allow you to show only Active entries, Deleted entries, or both. We default it to show Active only.
Friday, March 10th 2017
- We have loaded rates for Chicago Title MD. Effective prior to 4/3/2017 and the ones after.
Friday, February 24th 2017
- We have recently updated the following rates:
FATIC MD – Effective 3/1/17
ORNTC GA – Effective 2/1/2017
Investors GA – Effective 3/1/2017
FATIC MI – Effective 3/1/2017
CTIC VA – Effective 4/20/2016 – (this was a new rate load).
Wednesday, February 8th 2017
- We have added the new Seller 1099 Substitution Form. You can add it to any package by going in to Document Management and clicking Edit next to the package you wish to add it to. Next, scroll through the list to find the document name 1099-S Substitute Form, click on it so it turns blue, then click the arrow that appears between the two panels. Once done, you can click Update package.
Monday, February 6th 2017
- We have updated the FATIC MI rates effective 3/1/2017.
Monday, January 30th 2017
- We have loaded new rates for ORT GA effective 2/1/2017.
Friday, January 13th 2017
- We have updated the Fidelity, Commonwealth and Chicago rates for CT effective 1/25/2017.
Tuesday, January 3rd 2017
- We have changed how information and errors are displayed. Basically, anything that came up on the screen in red, will now generate a modal pop-up. Green is Informational, Yellow is Warning and Red is Error. This was done so that things are done on the client side instead of on the server.
- We have updated the 1009-S to be the new version released by the IRS. If the Seller has a Foreign Address, on the Seller Information screen, in the State drop down, choose "OTHER/FOREIGN" and the box will be checked off on the 1099.
Tuesday, December 20th 2016
- CATIC NH rates have been updated effective 1/1/2017.
Tuesday, December 6th 2016
- We have updated the CATIC ME rates with an effective date of 1/1/2017.
Friday, December 2nd 2016
- Fidelity Title’s MA rates have been updated effective 1/1/2017
Thursday, December 1st 2016
- The RI Chicago rates have been updated with an effective date of 10/12/2016.
Friday, November 4th 2016
- We have added two new reports to everyone's ReportWriter section, one called common_check_register_transfers_report - which is a report that will show items with a payment method of Transfer to Another File and the other is called:
common_fedex_report: which will show an estimated cost for FedEx labels printed from E-Closing. These are estimated costs, as the charge may change based on the actual weight of the item.
Wednesday, November 2nd 2016
- We have updated the Fannie Mae RI Mortgage form to the most current version.
Tuesday, November 1st 2016
- Revised the Fannie Mae MA Mortgage form 3022 to include paragraphs C-1 and C-2.
Friday, October 28th 2016
- We have updated the MA Mortgage form 3022 to be the latest version from Fannie Mae, revised 10/2016.
Friday, October 21st 2016
- We have updated the rates for Stewart Title in Wisconsin with an effective date of 9/1/2016.
Tuesday, September 27th 2016
- We have updated Note forms 3504 and 3514 per recent update by Fannie Mae.
Thursday, September 22nd 2016
- We have updated the Maine Commonwealth and Fidelity Rates with an effective date of 10/10/2016.
Friday, September 16th 2016
- We updated the 1099 form to include two new paragraphs, 7 and 8, per the request of several underwriters to be in compliance with the new IRS rule.
Monday, August 1st 2016
- We have done some research and made help articles on Settings for our users who have Macs and use Safari. Optimal Settings for Safari
Wednesday, July 27th 2016
- Marketing 101 teaches us the importance of a brand. At E-Closing we've made it easier than ever for you to promote your high technology to clients and business partners while highlighting your brand. Our partner portal is used by thousands of title agents to securely communicate and share documents with their clients. If you are not currently using the partner portal we recorded a short tutorial video several months ago that will help to get you started. Click here to view the tutorial. For those of you who are already using the partner portal, or if you just want a cool co-branded login screen for your website, you can now upload a logo for our redesigned login area. To use this feature you will simply go to the Back Office - Rolodex Menu - Manage Rolodex and select the business type of "This Company". Within your company record you will find an area labeled "Co-Branded Portal Settings". In this area you can "click to upload" or "drag and drop" the logo of your choice. Once you have uploaded a logo you will be presented with a URL that can be added to your website, or bookmarked, to access your co-branded log in screen. The URL will look something like this: https://www.e-closingsecured.com/scripts/spiis.dll/its-itec/itec_login?client=754U3EO8Y. It's as easy as that to have the best looking client portal on the block.
Beginning today you will be able to electronically file New Hampshire Department of Revenue forms CD-57 and PA-34 directly from E-Closing. We are excited to announce that we have partnered with the State of New Hampshire Department of Revenue and are the only title production system integrated with their electronic filing system for PA-34's and CD-57's. These forms can be electronically filed through E-Closing in Maintain File - State Specific Property Data. This new feature will save postage and a tremendous amount of time.
Thursday, July 21st 2016
- We have installed a new update that will prompt users on the Property Screen if you change the Residence Type, that you need to then verify the Title Policy Information Screen, as changing this information can cause a change with the Endorsements (mainly with Fidelity). If you continue, the system will delete the endorsements, so you will need to make sure the Endorsements are correct in Title Policy.
Wednesday, July 20th 2016
- Old Republic CT has added the Standard-NALR and Enhanced-NALR rate premiums effective 8/1/2016. We have loaded the rates, added the packages to the companies who we know write to Old Republic in CT, and made the necessary copies of the policy templates.
Friday, July 15th 2016
- If you have entered notes in the Lender Rolodex, they will now be accessible from the File Summary Screen in a file, if that Lender has been selected. There will be a little note icon next to the Lender name, if notes are entered.
Thursday, July 7th 2016
- We removed buyer/seller email addresses from the NH CD-57 and PA34’s for confidentiality reasons.
We rounded projected payments on the CD for variable rate loans per the statute.
Monday, June 27th 2016
- We have modified the Rolodex screen so that you are required to select a business type for Companies and contacts when adding them to the Rolodex. Previously the bus type defaulted to Abstractor, but will now require you to choose one.
Wednesday, June 15th 2016
- We have updated the Westcor FL commitment templates to include a jacket that they provided.
Wednesday, June 1st 2016
- There is a new version of the Document Uploader Software available. This new version fixes the bug with complex passwords, the new console window has more information for the user, there is a new folder that is created called "Failed" in which any documents that don't get loaded after 100 tries will automatically be put in this folder. This is still only for 64 bit Window users, as 32 bit would only allow you to upload files up to 1MB.
- We just released new versions of the CATIC MA and CT, commitments and policies per CATIC’s request
Friday, May 27th 2016
- Here is a link to the ALTA article about disclosing the Title Insurance Premium: http://blog.alta.org/2015/10/how-to-disclosure-simultaneous-issue-rate-for-know-before-you-owe.html
Thursday, May 19 2016
- If you add a note to a file and mark it to Alert, when you go in to the file, a notice will pop up saying you have an alerted note.
Wednesday, May 18 2016
The CATIC ME endorsement list was updated effective 6/1/2016 at the request of CATIC.
Thursday, May 12th 2016
- We have updated the FireFox and Internet Explorer Browser Settings that are helpful when using E-Closing. Please see our Tips and Tricks section on the Support Desk.
We added the Date and Time to the bottom of the CD. We added this so that you would have an easier time keeping track of revisions and knowing which printed CD is the latest version.
Friday, May 6th 2016
- We added a new document available to everyone called Authorization to Release Borrower Info Form. This is a form that was being requested with the new TRID guidelines so we have made one available to everyone.
Thursday, May 5th 2016
- We have installed a check on the Title Policy Screen, so that if you put TBD in a Policy Number Field, but there is no coverage amount, it will alert you. This way, your Premiums and Splits will be accurate.
Wednesday, May 4th 2016
- We have fixed the issue with the Title Insurance Discount on the CD. When you enter the discount on the Title Policy page, it now shows the discount on the CD for both the Loan and Owners Premium.
- The Escrow Account Disclosure Statement now prevents duplicate Homeowner's Insurance and Mortgage Insurance charges from showing.
- In the Lender Rolodex Screen, there is now a field that can hold 15,000 Characters for Lender notes, such as documents they want generated for each closing, portal information etc.
- The Credit Information Screen will alert you if trying to create a credit to and from the same entity.
- You can now save e-mails from Outlook or Gmail in to your E-Closing file.
- Open desired email to save
- Choose File, Save As, "Save As Type HTML", give email desired name (no special characters or commas), save to desktop (or desired location.
- Log into E-Closing, open file needed, and on File Summary, go to "Drag Documents Here to Upload", browse computer and open saved email to upload.
- Open desired email to save.
- Right click in email, save as "Save as Type Webpage", give email desired name (no special characters or commas), save to desired location.
- Log in to E-Closing, open file, and on the File Summary Page and click on Drag Documents Here to Upload and browse your computer and click on saved email to upload.
* You cannot load .exe or .zip files.
- We have fixed the issue in Internet Explorer for the Paid by Others column, where it wasn't showing who you selected for who the funds were from. It always said "No Disb." even though "Lender" was selected.
Monday, May 2nd 2016
- Stewart PA forms and rates have been updated. This also includes the new document packages Standard Non-Sale and Enhanced Non-Sale.
Thursday, April 28th 2016
- In Check Register Maintenance, we made the Payee and Amount fields Read-Only, as this was causing issues with Bank Reconciliation and balancing.
Friday, April 22nd 2016
- CATIC CT rates have been updated effective 5/1/2016 to include the Standard-NALR and Enhanced-NALR document packages.
Thursday, April, 21st 2016
- We have released a new feature (mentioned in the newsletter sent out yesterday), where you can now filter files on your Whiteboard. You can choose from Active Files, Closed Files, Cancelled Files, Closed Files Needing Policy Numbers, and Files Due to Close in 10 Days. We still will only show the first 300 files in any given category.
- If you enter 366 months for the Loan Term on Financial Information Screen, E-Closing will disclose it as 30 years, 6 months on the CD.
We have relabeled the text description “Schedule B Section 2 – Exceptions (Special)” to “Schedule B Section 2 – Exceptions (Subordinate)” to more accurately reflect the type of data that belongs here.
Wednesday, April 20th 2016
- We have made a change to the close date column on the Whiteboard. If the date that appears is the projected close date because a close date has not been entered in the financial screen, (proj.) will appear next to the date.
Wednesday, April 13th 2016
- We have made an update to the Notes feature. If you mark a note with an alert, when you click on the alert icon on the Whiteboard, the alerted note will be highlighted. Also, you can now tie a note to an event. When you create a note, there is a drop down that coincides with your events. If you would like the note to be tied to an event, select the even from the drop down. This way, if you have to update the event, due to date change, it will not delete the note associated with it.
- The change password screen will prompt the user for their old password if they are changing their password and their temporary password if the password was reset or recently issued.
Wednesday, April 6th 2016
- Old Republic Rates for West Virginia have been updated.
Monday, April 4th 2016
- MLC fee for North Attleboro, MA has been updated to $50.
Wednesday, March 30th 2016
- Westcor MA rates have been updated, will take effect with Commitment Effective Dates on or after April 1, 2016.
- We added a short explanation about what the post-closing team checkbox does on the manage teams screen.
- We added the option to give a Credit From the Borrower to the Credit Information Screen.
- We added some tips and tricks to the Closing Disclosure screen before pages 2 and 3.
- We updated the Projected Payments section on the CD, if it is a Variable loan, and you do not enter information in the second field for projected payments, it will only disclose the top number in the Estimated Payment.
Monday, March 28th 2016
- Fidelity NY rates added to the system.
Wednesday, March 23rd 2016
- New version of the Document Uploader Software is now available. If you have an older version installed, we recommend uninstalling your old version and install the new one. You must have Windows 64 Bit to use.
- Draft CD is now available and has been added to your Closing Disclosure package.
CPL fee automatically will generate on the CD, if a CPL is generated in the file for most states and Underwriters.
- We added a field to enter a description for the Lender Credit in Section J if needed.
Tuesday, March 22nd 2016
- Old Republic OH rates and endorsements added to the system.
Friday, March 18th 2016
- Quickbooks Export feature now populates a prompt to Save the File or Open it.
Tuesday, March 8th 2016
- License Number field in the Rolodex increased to 20 characters from 9.
- Deed of Trust Trustee text box field added to Lender Information screen. This information can be tagged to documents upon request.
- The Mortgage Broker's and Lender's Loan Originator's email addresses will now carry over to Documents as an option to select to email.
- We have added a field on Page 2 in Section J for the Lender Credit, where you can add a description.